Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Music assignments

Students are enjoying putting their music assignments up...each class is different, but slowly we're finding out a lot about them, and I think they are enjoying going into each other's worlds and finding out about different bands.

A couple of issues have come up. Apparently in blogging it's very easy and common to swipe pictures. I just swiped one of my sister and put it on my own blog just a little bit ago, but the question is: is this ok? I assume there are some people who would mind. We should perhaps warn students about this.

Second, we have a matter of perspective. It's true: most teachers have lots of objectives already, are behind on any given syllabus; feel it's all they can do to teach their students what they have at hand. To teach blogging complicates matters because first, it's presentation, like oral presentation or writing, but it's in a new media; second, it involves technology that's not easy, to say the least. When the writing assistants know more than we do we always look a little bad, I think...but hey. At some point you have to say, I'm an old-timer, I'm going to look bad no matter what. So what if I don't know how to upload an mp3 file?

Welcome Catherine...

Cheers and have a good November....a good turkey too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home